Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Last Second Trimester Prenatal Appointment

Yesterday I had my last prenatal appointment for this trimester. The frequency of my appointments will now be bi-weekly. I really can't believe how fast time is flying! The appointment went well. Sunday night I started getting menstrual-type cramps in my lower left pelvic area and then a general sense of pressure along my entire lower pelvic region. Dr. S examined me and everything was fine. My cervix looked good and it's long and closed. I'm not having any bleeding, abnormal discharge, etc. Dr. S said we can probably assume it's just one of the many discomforts of pregnancy, but she said she'll have me go into labor and delivery to get evaluated if I notice it gets worse. So far, it's okay.

Zoe's heartbeat was nice and strong ~ in the 140s. My uterus is measuring at 27 cm, which is perfect, and I've gained 1 lb. since my last appointment on November 7. All is good!

Dr. S gave us a list of recommended pediatricians, so we'll soon begin our search for Zoe's pediatrician. Dr. S also gave us the registration paperwork for the hospital we selected for Zoe's delivery. All of these things seemed like stuff we'd worry about "later." Well, "later" is here. Again, I can't believe how fast time is flying!

No comments: