Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, November 28, 2008

I Miss You....

Dear Sleep,

I can't believe it's come to this. After all of our years together, we must part. At first I was in denial, but after nearly a week without you (last night was the worst!), I've come to terms with the inevitable. I'm not sure who's to blame for what has happened between us. Perhaps you're to blame for not trying harder to meet my needs. Or maybe it is I who betrayed you when I crossed into my third trimester of pregnancy. But I guess it doesn't really matter now, does it? There's nothing to be gained from assessing blame. We just have to accept what has happened between us and move on. Perhaps we'll meet again after Zoe is born, but probably not immediately. Maybe we'll reconcile when she's 3 months old, or 5 months old, perhaps when she's 1 year old. I just don't know???? Let's not put a time limit on it, okay? All I can say is that I REALLY hope our paths cross again. Please know that I really do love you, and I miss you already! In fact, I'm sure I'll miss you more than you'll miss me. Perhaps we can meet up from time to time. I'll leave that up to you.

Ta-ta for now. Until we meet again, my friend.....

2 comments:

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

HAHA!!! I am too very having very restless sleep. I wake up feeling like I didn't get enough at all! I hope you and sleep find each other again :)

Jenni said...

I'm tellin' you...pregnancy is just God's way of preparing you for what's to come. No joke. I haven't had a whole night's sleep since Preston was born. All those nights being prego and peein every hour...was just preparation for the baby keeping me up all night. LOL.