Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

27 Weeks!

One more week down, 13 weeks to go! I can't believe I'll be starting my third trimester next week. Crazy! Not much is new with me, just more of the same. Although I have found that I'm starting to get more uncomfortable these days. I've been using Rhinocort at night at the recommendation of the sleep medicine doctor and this morning Trevor said he thinks it's actually helping my snoring. YAY!!! Apparently I no longer snore when I'm on my side, only when I'm on my back. Previously I was snoring no matter the position. So I'm hopeful that my sleep study on December 2 won't result in a sleep apnea diagnosis....just a bad case of pregnancy-induced congestion. Fingers crossed....

I'm now up a total of 6.2 lbs. from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm pleased that my weight gain has been slow and steady despite my insatiable sweet tooth! I'm trying to work in a more diverse palate, but I'm the consummate creature of habit. Thus I'm still downing tons of California rolls, miso soup, hot turkey subs, wheat bagels with grape jelly and lately I've been jonesing for chicken pad thai. I am working in more fruit though. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of veggies on my plate these days. I really need to work on that.

Zoe this week: our baby girl has become a little jitterbug. She's been moving quite a bit lately, and I love it! Unfortunately she's as still as a statue when her daddy puts his hand on my tummy. Silly girl! Our little angel is sleeping and waking at regular intervals now and opening and closing her eyes. Due to the development of more brain tissue, her brain is quite active these days. Her hearing is maturing and she's recognizing our voices more and more. Awww!

Zoe weighs just over 2 lbs. and is between 14.5 - 15 inches head to heels. She weighs as much as a head of cauliflower (what mommy needs to be eating these day):

1 comment:

NANA said...

I'm glad your snoring is getting better. Snoring doesn't run in our family so I'm sure you don't have sleep apnea. I can't believe I will be a grandmother in 13 weeks and you will be a mother. WOW! I'm getting excited. I can't wait to hold Zoe.