Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Some People!

Yesterday Trevor and I had pictures taken for purposes of our first ever photo holiday card. We just went to a place in the mall. Talk about a rip-off city and high sales pressure! But that's a different post. Anyway, we wrapped up our photo shoot and were shown to a waiting area so we could view and select our photos. There was a middle-aged lady in the area who was just beaming as she stared at my belly. After a few seconds she engaged me in the following dialogue:

Lady: "Hi!!" (still beaming)

Me: "Hello." (beaming back)

Lady: "When are you due?!" (still beaming)

Me: "February. February 18." (still beaming)

Lady: "Really?!" (still beaming)

Me: "Yep!" (feeling really good; fully expecting a nice compliment)

Lady: "Wow! You look like you're ready to go any day now." (still beaming)

Me: "Really?" (in a very irritated tone as I turned away; no longer beaming)

I promptly sat down in the furthest seat from that lady and told Trevor, "that was rude. " (Fully hoping she heard me) I told Trevor that I should've asked her when she was due. (She clearly wasn't pregnant, but was a little thick around the waist)

Some people! Sheesh!!!

No comments: