Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

25 Weeks!

25 weeks, already?! Wow!!! I can't believe that Zoe will be here in 15 weeks! We have so much to do between now and then! Our only hope of getting things done is on the weekends due to the demands of my job and Trevor's travel schedule. Thus, I've starting counting "by weekends" until Zoe's arrival. Thus, we have 15 weekends to prepare, which assumes that we work up until the end, which I don't want to do. Not to mention that we have holidays, baby showers and family commitments to contend with as well. Yikes!!! Trevor and I have decided that we want to finish our baby prep, particularly the nursery, by the end of the year. Time is ticking fast!

The reality that we'll soon have a child is setting in. Our stroller came in, as did the car seat and bases. We still need to assemble the stroller, but it's here. The crib bedding has arrived as well. Before long we'll have nursery furniture. Wow!!!

I'm feeling pretty good still. Aches and pains are the same. According to Trevor, my snoring is getting REE-DICULOUS!! How embarrassing!! I purchased a humidifier, saline nasal spray, and am hoping the snoring gets better. Trevor said that sometimes it sounds like I'm not breathing, so we're going to talk to Dr. S about the possibility of pregnancy-induced sleep apnea at our appointment on Friday. I've also been having more frequent nose bleeds, although they're only from my right nostril. Strange! I think my fatigue is returning; I'm not happy about that.

I weighed myself this morning. It seems I went through a "growth spurt", yeah that's what we'll call it, a "growth spurt." I'm now up a total of 5.4 lbs. from my pre-preggers weight. GULP! I know that's not bad, it just seems like I had a big jump in one week.

Zoe this week: she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. Her wrinkled skin is beginning to smooth out. Her nostrils, which have been plugged up to this point, are starting to open up to give her practice with breathing. Additionally, her lungs are continuing to grow. Capillaries are forming under Zoe's skin and they're filling with blood. Zoe continues to be pretty active and I love it, although a few of her recent moves have been slightly uncomfortable. Oh, I felt her hiccups for the first time on Sunday. She had 11 in a row. How cute!

Zoe is approximately 14 inches long (head to heels) and she weighs just under 2 lbs. Zoe is about the size of a rutabaga (not a very cute comparison):


1 comment:

Jenni said...

haha- congrats on the 5.4 lb gain! Your little bug must be growing. :) That is a good thing though.

I snored horribly too when I was pregnant, and I am not normally a snorer at all. It was so weird. Will would wake me up several times throughout the night telling me that I was snoring really loud. The weird thing is I could never tell. Now I know why people who snore don't even know they are doing it. LOL