Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Prayer of Thanksgiving

Dear Lord,

Your Word instructs me, in 1 Thessalonians 5:18, "to give thanks in all things, for this is God's will for [me] in Christ Jesus." At this time of Thanksgiving, I thank you for all of the many blessings in my life. First and foremost, for Your Son, Jesus Christ, my savior. Thank You for blessing me, Trevor and our families with life and health. I thank You for the many special friends You've blessed us with. Thank You for the amazing church You led us to and for a rich teaching of Your word on a weekly basis. Thank You for blessing Trevor and I with wonderful jobs and careers, for a beautiful home, and for blessing us to be a blessing to others. I thank You that despite the craziness going on around us and in this economy, You are our source, protector, sun and shield.

Thank You for blessing me with an amazing husband who loves me as You've instructed....as Christ loves the church. I thank You for Trevor's gentle spirit, his faithful love, and his heart for You.

Thank You, Lord, for the men and women who are defending our country domestically and abroad. Keep them safe from all hurt, harm and danger, and bless them and their families for their sacrifice.

Last, but certainly not least, thank You so very much for the wonderful gift of life growing inside of me. In fact, her very name, Zoe, means "life". Thank You for blessing her to grow strong inside of me, and I thank You for her life and purpose.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments: