Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Severe Case of Pregnancy Brain

I think I've developed a severe case of "pregnancy brain." I've been rather forgetful lately. I've always forgotten silly things like leaving something upstairs in my bedroom, only to realize I've forgotten it once I'm downstairs in the living room. Ugh! I've also been guilty of going all the way upstairs for something only to arrive upstairs and totally forget what I went upstairs for. Again, ugh! Okay, so all of that is normal, thus I won't blame it on pregnancy brain. But lately I've started forgetting my keys are in the ignition of my car. I'll disembark the car and then realize they're still in the ignition when I attempt to engage the alarm. Thank God the doors don't lock by themselves otherwise I'd be racking up a hefty bill with a locksmith. I'm also glad that I'm diligent about engaging the alarm on the car, otherwise my car would be an easy target for a thief. I'm in big trouble if I start forgetting to engage the alarm between now and February.

The other thing I've started to forget.....where I put my cell phone, namely when I'm getting ready to get out of the car or getting ready to start driving. I can't tell you how many times I've tore my purse apart looking for my cell phone only to realize it's between my ear and shoulder. Yep, I'm talking on the phone while looking for the phone. Go figure????

Today took the cake. I totally and completely forgot the PIN number to my debit card. I mean totally and completely! I'm talking about standing AT the ATM machine punching in every sequence of numbers I can think of to no avail. Thankfully it was one of those machines where you swipe your card, otherwise my card would've been confiscated by the machine for suspicious activity. I still can't remember my PIN number five hours later. And I just used that card last week. Strange!

Yep, I have a severe case of pregnancy brain! LOL. The joys of pregnancy.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Hahaha oh my gosh, I had this so bad too!! You have no idea how many times I lost my carkeys, my phone, my wallet, or gone into a room and completely forgot why I was going there. or the worst is you go to a store and you're like "Ummm why am I here?" hahaha.