Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why?!

So I've been searching for some maternity picture ideas. Although our photographer is VERY skilled, I still want to look around for unique ideas we can incorporate into our shoot. This brings me to my question of "why?!" WHY do sooooo many women want to take nude maternity pictures? I'm not talking about exposing the belly...even I'd do that. I'm talking about really nude, meaning NO clothes. Perhaps I'm just a bit of a prude, but I really don't get it. I understand the wonder of pregnancy, and I believe that pregnancy is beautiful. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get all of that. But I really don't get the whole nude picture thing. I even saw a picture of a couple, where both of them are nude and they're standing sideways (picture a standing up spooning position), looking away from the camera. Where exactly does one display such a photo?! Perhaps in their office? Not! Over their dining room table? I hope not! Over the fireplace? Uh, nope! Oh, in the nursery right? Perhaps a tad bid inappropriate. That probably only leaves their bedroom, right? I can kind of understand that. But what if you have more than one child? Do you just hang nude photos all over your bedroom? It just doesn't seem practical to me. I REALLY do not get it at all!!!! But maybe it's just me....

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Haha yeah I want to know the same thing! I would never have nude pics taken. I was even too embarrassed to do bare belly shots. I mean, I did my own that only I will see but definitely not professional ones.

WHo knows, maybe these people just really love thier bodies and are super open with them?

CP said...

omg- I also don't get the nude maternity pics but then I wont even do any nude belly shots. I barely let any photo get taken of me while I was pregnant!

But seriously, you're right- where DO people keep those nakie pics?