Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Prediction: Zoe's First Word

I have a prediction about Zoe's first word. While most babies say "dada" first, or possibly "mama", I think Zoe's first word will be "pepto." As in Pepto Bismol. As effective as I think Pepto Bismol is for a minor upset stomach, I don't think it's great as.....a paint color. Trevor and I had Zoe's room painted last Friday. We also had crown molding and a chair rail installed. Our contractor did a great job, but the shade of pink isn't as pale as it looked on the 2x2 color swatch. I was so disappointed! I remain hopeful that the color will grow on me, particularly once the furniture is in the room, the bedding is down and accessories are put in place. Surely all of this will tone down the "pepto" look. I can only hope....for Zoe's sake, and her mommy's. If not, we'll paint the room again.

While I can joke about this now, I must confess that I was a bit down about it on Saturday. Trevor and I talked about it Saturday morning and he asked why I was letting it get to me. He wondered if I was worried about what others would think. I started to explain that I just want the room to be perfect for Zoe. Although I know she won't "notice" the room for awhile, I want her to love the room once she's aware of it. And then I cried. Dang pregnancy hormones! It's only paint for crying out loud! (No pun intended....)

1 comment:

Jenni said...

awwe so sorry that Zoe's room is pepto color. LOL That is funny about that being her first word hahahaha. Maybe you can just put a lighter color over it? IF we lived closer I would come paint for you. For some reason I love painting walls. LOL