Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, December 15, 2008

Baby Shower #1


I had my first baby shower last weekend in my hometown (San Antonio). It was great being back! I can't believe how much San Antonio has grown and changed. The next time we visit, we'll have Zoe in tow. I can't wait!

Trevor and I flew in Friday morning. I spent Friday afternoon with two of my BFFs that hosted my shower, Sharri and Michelle. I love those girls! We spent Friday afternoon doing one of our favorite things....eating. LOL. We also had manicures and pedicures and did a little shopping, and then we did a little more eating.....hey, Zoe needed a snack, and Michelle and Sharri joined in for moral support! :- )

Saturday morning, I had my make-up done, attended the shower and then on Saturday night Sharri's mom (my "second mom") hosted a fabulous dinner at her home. It was like Thanksgiving! Literally---roast, roasted chicken, ham, homemade mac and cheese, corn, collard greens, dressing w/ gravy, rolls, cranberry sauce, peach cobbler w/ ice cream, pound cake, apple pie and sweet potato pie. YUM, YUM, YUM!!!  Trevor and I, my mother-in-law, my mom and my sister-in-law, Misty, attended. It was a late night, but it was worth it.

The shower was amazing! Sharri and Michelle did a great job, and it was so nice to see all of my family and friends! It really made me miss San Antonio! Zoe got some great gifts. Lots of clothes, wash cloths, burp cloths, teethers, etc., plus her exersaucer, diaper champ, tub, a bottle drying system, and a $100 gift card. Everyone's generosity, especially given the holidays and the state of the economy, was much appreciated!

Sunday morning, Trevor and I had our couple's maternity shoot. It was so much fun. I can't wait to see the pics. Sunday afternoon we had lunch with my mom and my sister-in-law, hung out a bit, and then headed back to the airport. I was completely exhausted once we got back home. Although I still have 9.5 weeks to go, this third trimester is already wiping me out!

Here are some pics:

Sharri, Michelle and Me (lunch at Neiman Marcus)---the human "Oreo" as Michelle referred to this picture---the funny thing is we were talking about how good Oreos are just before this picture (LOL):

Michelle, Me and Sharri (getting pedis):

The Food Table (yum!):



The Cake (red velvet, of course):



Michelle, Me and Sharri:

Mom, Me and Misty (my newest sister-in-law...she won my baby brother's heart):


Trevor, Mom, Mama D (my mother-in-law) and Me: (after the shower):


Ms. Mable (my "second mom") and Me:

3 comments:

CP said...

An assortment of random comments: Really,you look AMAZING!!
I LOVE red velvet cake.
Baby showers are the best- especially the whole gift part.
I'm so glad you pampered yourself and enjoyed your trip!

CP said...

Oh and my South Asian friends and I always had "oreo" shots! Too funny :)

Jenni said...

That table at the shower looks divine! I love the colors...and the cake! Amazing. You look so beautiful too! Glad the shower went well!