Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

31 Weeks!

31 weeks today! Only 9 weeks to go....wow! I'm so anxious to meet my little Zoe-pooh, but I want her to stay in there and keep on baking. Mommy will just have to wait.

I'm still feeling good despite my various pregnancy symptoms. Although I'm still experiencing more of the same, I've added aching hips to my list of symptoms. The hip pain is more pronounced in my left hip and is courtesy of a hormone called "relaxin". Relaxin causes laxity of joints and tendons, which allows for enough room for the baby to pass through the pelvis. Acid reflux and back aches are getting more problematic lately. But it's all worth it and I know the "prize" will be sweet....literally. Oh, and I officially waddle when I have to pee really bad.

I'm up 11 lbs. from my pre-preggers weight.

Zoe this week: her brain connections are developing at an impressive rate these days. She is able to process information, track light, and perceive signals from all five senses. Zoe is sleeping more these days, still getting lots of REM sleep. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. Zoe's moving a lot lately. I jokingly told Trevor that she's been slam dancing this evening. :- ) I wouldn't have it any other way.

Zoe is about 17 inches long and she weighs about 3.5 lbs (about the weight of 4 navel oranges):

1 comment:

Jill said...

Ahhh, relaxin -- responsible for so much PAIN! Sorry about the reflux, too. I had it bad at the end of my pregnancy. I actually had to sleep inclined. :( You're getting close!