Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 4, 2008

29 weeks!

I'm always late posting these updates, but yesterday marked 29 weeks! All is well, or as well as can be expected when one is 29 weeks preggers. Same aches and pains, and acid reflux issues still plague me. Most troubling, however, is that the first trimester fatigue is back. Boooo!!! Monday, I did something I've never done.....I actually closed the door to my office and laid my head down on my desk. I took a 20 minute nap, and contrary to popular belief, it did not energize me. I really wish I could figure out a way to slip in a 1-2 hour nap midday. I really feel like I need it these days. YAWN!

I neglected to do my weekly Wednesday weigh-in, but as of last Sunday, I'm up 7.4 lbs. from my pre-preggers weight.

Zoe this week: our baby girl's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and her head is growing bigger (not too big, I hope) to make room for her developing brain. In order to meet Zoe's demanding nutritional needs, mommy needs plenty of protein, Vitamin C, folic acid and iron these days. (I think I'm doing good on all fronts, except the Vitamin C part. Must work on that.) Zoe's bones continue to harden, thus she's soaking up a lot of calcium---approximately 250 milligrams per day. Good thing I started taking that Calcium supplement (since I can't drink milk - yuck)! Finally, while Zoe's baby-teeth buds are already in place, she is now forming buds for her permanent teeth.

Zoe weighs close to 3 lbs. these days and is approximately 15.5 inches long (head to heel). She weighs as much as a butternut squash:

1 comment:

CP said...

I'm a FIRM believer in the latin american culture's siesta.... we totally need to start that in th US!