Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sixteen Long Days

Trevor returned home on Saturday after a sixteen day trip overseas with the Navy. It's so good to have him back home! I can't imagine what it will be like when he has to take one of these trips after Zoe is born. This trip demonstrated how hormonal I really am, because I cried like a baby the day Trevor left (Dec. 26). And I prayed and prayed and prayed for his safety like never before. Pregnancy has brought about a great deal of nerves.....and fear. Fear of losing Trevor. Fear of raising Zoe alone. I know that this type of fear isn't of God, so I have to resist it and pray against it daily. Recently I did some soul searching to understand why the fear is so deep. I realize that there are two things driving it....the first is my desire to ALWAYS have Trevor in my life. I wouldn't have married him otherwise. I love that man with every fiber of my being and I can't imagine life without him. The second is my desire for Zoe to experience what I didn't....truly having a "daddy." This isn't intended to be a knock against my father, but after my mother and he divorced when I was three, the relationship just wasn't what it should be. While I wasn't greatly impacted by this emotionally because my mom did a phenomenal job of raising me, as I've gotten older I realize just how much I truly missed out on. I'm glad Zoe won't have to experience that. She's such a lucky little girl because Trevor is going to be an amazing father!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Girl, I didn't know your hubby was in the Navy. I know you mentioned he was a pilot but I didn't know about the Navy part. Now I have a whole new respect for you!! Even with just having a husband as a pilot is hard enough (my hubby's brother is a pilot and he is gone 4 days of the week, every week). But I also have a good friend who is a navy wife and her hubbys is gone on deployment for 6 months at a time. I could not do that....so I have all the respect for you gals with husbands in the service. I know it is SOOO hard....but I love how you are counting down the days. It is especially hard when you are prego because you can use all the extra help right now. Good thing for girlfriends and moms. :)