Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

Another Great Prenatal Appointment

I had my (almost) 34 week appointment today. My appointment was with the second doctor in Dr. S's practice. As mentioned previously, there are two Dr. Ws. I saw Dr. W2 today. I REALLY liked her! She had a great bedside manner and was very friendly.

Everything looks great! My blood pressure was good ~ 102/68. I'm measuring right on target. And it seems that I've LOST 2 lbs. I'm not sure that I believe that to be true. I was wearing high heeled boots and a sweater at my last appt, so I think I was just weighing heavier last time. I'll do my "official" weekly weigh-in Wednesday morning at home, so we'll see what the scale says then. I asked Dr. W2 to check me for a possible bladder or urinary tract infection because I've been feeling some bladder discomfort lately. My urine came back clear, so she said it's probably just pressure from Zoe.

Zoe's heartbeat was nice and strong ~ high 150s, even the low 160s at times. She is positioned head down and is getting close to the pelvic opening. Dr. W2 says she will probably settle into my pelvis around week 36, and she doesn't expect Zoe to turn at this point. Fingers crossed....

The only bad news....it seems that my abs have separated. I've been reading about this, so I asked Dr. W2 if it's possible to determine if it's happened to me. She showed me a little trick, and sure enough, ab separation! Booo!!! She said the abs will reconnect postpartum. I'm just bummed that it happened to me.

4 comments:

Jill said...

I've never even heard of abs separating! That sounds painful! :(

FSD said...

Jill, oddly enough, it doesn't hurt. The test....lay flat and raise your shoulders off the ground as if you're going to do a crunch. If you have a lump that protrudes down the center of your belly....ab separation.

Jenni said...

What do you mean your abs have seperated? I've heard of this (because I had a Csection) and in one of my books it tells me to do a certain exercise and if my abs poke up a certain way it means they seperated and I had to wait longer to do any type of situp or crunch. but I didn't realize you could tell if they were seperated while you were pregnant. What did your doctor have you do to figure that out??

LOL Nevermind I just read your comment. Haha. It helps to read the comments first!

CP said...

wow, at least it will all heal after Zoe is born- I'm glad everything is going so well!