Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, January 25, 2009

36 Weeks!

36 weeks marks the start of the 9th month! Woot!! We're on the home stretch, and in one more week Zoe will be considered full-term. That's amazing! Not long before Zoe is in our arms. We can't wait! This week I've been having the following symptoms: aching back, swollen ankles (a/k/a cankles), oily skin (yuck!), tons of Braxton Hicks, constipation (TMI--sorry), fatigue, and according to Trevor, snoring at a whole 'nother level. Oh, we mustn't forget the labor scare I experienced this week. What fun! Despite the aforementioned list, I still think I've had a remarkable pregnancy.

No weight gain this week---still up 16 lbs. from my pre-preggers weight. I had an appointment with Dr. S last Friday, and my blood pressure is still picture perfect. As of the date of my labor scare and subsequent prenatal appointment, my cervix is still closed.

Zoe this week: first, she is still moving like crazy, and I still love it! Also, she's been having a lot of hiccups lately. Anatomically, most of Zoe's systems (from circulatory to musculoskeletal) are almost equipped for life outside of the womb. While her digestive system is ready to go, it won't get its first work-out until Zoe gets her first taste of breast milk (hopefully) or formula (hope not). In preparation for taking her first suckle of the breast or bottle, Zoe has been practicing by sucking her thumb, fist, toes and anything else she can get her mouth on. Awww....

Zoe is around 20 inches long and she weighs approximately 6 pounds (about the size of a crenshaw melon....whatever that is???):




Cute pregnancy cartoon (and very apropos given my constipation symptom mentioned above ~ ha ha):


No comments: