Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year (and 2008 in review)

Welcome 2009! This is going to be a great year....I can already feel it. Of course, the most exciting thing about this year will be welcoming Zoe into our lives. This will be a year of "firsts", which is exciting!

2008 was a great year. A few highlights:

- Trevor and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on March 12. What a blessing! God couldn't have blessed me with a better husband.

- Trevor and I took a great trip to the Playa Mujeres region of Cancun to celebrate our anniversary. The resort was amazing; I'd go back in a heart beat. What a magical trip. This trip kicked off our "trying to get pregnant" quest.

- In March, my baby brother graduated from Navy boot camp. It was fun going to Chicago to watch him graduate. He looked so handsome in his Navy whites.

- In April, I had the experience of a lifetime! I was able to score last minute tickets to the OPRAH show! Woot! I couldn't believe it when "Mark" from the Audience Dept called to offer me tickets. I enjoyed the experience with two of my BFFs, Sharri and Michelle, and my mom. We thought it was going to be the "Favorite Things" show because they were hush hush about the topic and we were told to wear bright colors, but it was a Dr. Oz show. Our seats were amazing! Middle section, first and second row. We were so close we could see Oprah's bunion. LOL. My mom and Michelle even touched Oprah's hand when she entered and exited the studio.

- In May, unbeknownst to us, Trevor and I conceived Zoe. YAY!!!

- In June, I found out I was pregnant. The best month of my life!

- In September, Trevor and I took an amazing "baby moon" to San Francisco. So relaxing....

- In September, we found out our little angel is a girl!

- In October, my brother got engaged and married. He's growing up.

- In December, I had my first baby shower. So fun!

Besides Zoe's birth, I can't wait to see what 2009 has in store. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy New Year! I hope that 2009 brings you nothing but joy!

Nana Leona said...

Happy New Year! I know 2009 will be a most memorable year for me because I officially become a grandma for the first time ever. I can't wait until I get to hold and kiss my grandbaby. Well I will forget about the kiss and settle for hold Zoe!