Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 26, 2009

Maternity Leave

Last spring my firm revamped its maternity leave policy. Attorneys are now given 18 weeks of leave at 100% pay, with the option to add an additional 6 weeks at no pay (upon approval). During my evaluation in December I talked to my boss about taking the full 24 weeks off; she was okay with it, but we needed to get it approved through our section head in D.C. You know how office/firm politics go. Anyway, I just got an e-mail from our section head approving my full leave! Woot!!! So, Zoe and I will have six glorious months to spend together!! YAY!!! Assuming she arrives on time, I won't return to work until......mid-August. I'm so excited!!! (As you can tell by the overuse of exclamation marks! ~ smile)

3 comments:

CP said...

that is a great mat leave policy!! I'm so happy for you- being with jacob all day has been so wonderful- i just dont see how people can return to work right away or even after three months (unless they have to).

Jill said...

Good for you! I am SO JEALOUS. I had 8 weeks off, and they weren't paid!

Balancing Act said...

AHHHH! I'm moving across the street to your firm! 18 weeks paid?! That is awesome. Good for you.