Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

34 Weeks!

Today begins my 34th week. Yep, 34 weeks as in 6 more weeks until Zoe arrives....assuming she arrives on time. Holy moly!!! My pregnancy symptoms are unchanged. But I did jinx myself last week by saying I hadn't had any nose bleeds in awhile. My nose bleeds are now back in full force. They're still only on the left side, and I was a logging a couple of nose bleeds per day for a few days. Lovely.

I lost a few ounces, so I'm up 12.4 lbs. from my pre-preggers weight. All is well.

Zoe this week: our baby girl could be as tall as 20 inches right now and she weighs about 5 pounds. More energy-storing white fat is present, which accounts for approximately 8 percent of Zoe's total weight. Plus it's giving her a smoother, more plunk appearance! Zoe's fingernails have probably reached the tip of her fingers at this point....maybe that's what I've been feeling inside me. I swear it felt like she was scratching my spleen or some other vital organ yesterday. Zoe's central nervous system and lungs are continuing to mature. The good news is if Zoe were born between weeks 34-37, she'd probably be just fine barring any other health issues. What a relief! But I really want her to stay put and keep baking. Lastly, Zoe continues to be very active. And when I lay on my left side, I can feel her inside of me! I can't explain it, but I feel her. Weird! Oh, I had a dream about Zoe's birth last night. I couldn't see her face, but man she had some long hands and feet....I'm talking remarkably long! Hmmm.....

Zoe could be as long as 20 inches now and she weighs about 5 pounds (as much as a cantaloupe):

3 comments:

Jill said...

You're getting so close!!

I remember near the end I swore that Ava was trying to claw her way out -- and she was born with ridiculously long fingernails, so I believe I was right!

CP said...

wow- six weeks seems so long and so short at the same time! woo hoo!

Jenni said...

Yeah, wow not much longer now. Isn't it crazy....your baby is going to be growing a LOT between now and when you give birth. She will put on at least a couple of pounds which is more growing than she's done the entire pregnancy!