Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Nursery Themes

I don't know if we're unique in this respect, but we are having a terrible time pinning down a nursery theme. I know we have plenty of time before Zoe arrives, but I don't want to scramble around at the end of my pregnancy trying to get a lot done. One bedding set we are considering won't be available for shipping until the end of December, so we really need to figure this out.

One thing we agree on is that we don't want anything too "kiddie" or juvenile. Thus, no animals, characters, letters and numbers, etc. I've found a few themes I like, but Trevor and I aren't seeing eye-to-eye on many of them, and I really want him to be involved in the process. I've ordered some fabric swatches for some bedding sets we both kind of like, so we'll see what happens. I never imagined that picking a nursery theme would be so difficult.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you don't like themes, are you shooting for a particular color scheme? I found a room that I love on this page of baby nursery pictures that were designed and submitted by moms as entries to the contest on the site.

There's a tab for decorating according to nursery colors, too if you think that might help.

Congratulations on the baby!

FSD said...

Thanks, Anonymous. I'll check this out. Unfortunately we don't even have a color scheme in mind, although I would like chocolate brown to be incorporated somehow. We have issues!

LEO said...

It might be easier to build up from the things you agree on rather than pick a ready-made theme... like picking a color to paint, and then a complimentary color and try to find bedding that matches or complements those. That, and look at lots of pictures ;)