Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Halftime!

On Wednesday I hit the halfway mark. 20 weeks already!? I found out I was pregnant quite early in my pregnancy--4 weeks and 2 days to be exact. The last 16 weeks have really flown by!

I'm still feeling pretty good. I'm still having round ligament pain, but I expect that to be the trend for the remainder of my pregnancy. My back is still hurting. I received the back support cushion our supply person ordered at work. It doesn't work. My back pain is no better, but it's also no worse. I've tried sitting in the secondary chair that's in my office, but it doesn't help either. It sits too low and isn't adjustable. Today I'm trying out my colleague's chair. He just moved to a partner office and they have different chairs than associates. We agreed to swap chairs if I like his better. I don't. The best positions are standing and laying down. That's the only real relief I'm getting these days. This is a pain in the back! (Okay, that was corny....) On to more exciting stuff.....

Zoe this week: our little angel is getting plenty of practice for her digestive system by swallowing more these days. She is producing meconium, which is a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This will be what her first BMs will consist of. Zoe's uterus is fully formed this week (amazing!) and her vaginal canal is starting its development. Her ovaries contain 7 million primitive eggs, although she'll only have 2 million at birth. More than enough to bless Trevor and me with grandchildren MUCH later.

There's still plenty of growing to do, but Zoe weighs approximately 10.5 ounces and is approximately 6.5 inches head to bottom, and about 10 inches from head to heel. About the length of a banana:

No comments: