Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, October 20, 2008

Wanna Snoogle?

I'm having a very difficult time sleeping on my side. No matter what I do or try, I always manage to end up laying on my back. Yesterday I had the wise idea to purchase a Snoogle. I've read so many great reviews on it. I thought it would keep me on my side. Big mistake! I HATE the Snoogle!!! I'm going to try it again tonight, but I'm not hopeful. I'm convinced that a man designed the Snoogle. Why on Earth would someone design a pillow that is C-shaped for a woman that is going to have to use the restroom at least three times per night. The design is like a soft handcuff (or body cuff in this case)....almost like sleeping in an inner tube. Sounds comfy and practical, huh? NOT!!!! In order to get up and go pee I had to unhook the thing from between my legs, bring it over my head and THEN manage to slowly roll out of bed since round ligament pain slows me down. When I finally made it out of bed I was convinced I was going to pee on myself! Oh, and I still woke up on my back!?!? The Snoogle was immediately thrown on the floor. Last night I slept with the Snoogle behind my back. Tonight I'll try it in front of me. The sad thing is that if it doesn't work tonight, I'll have wasted $55 because it is non-refundable since it's a "personal use" item. ARGH!!!!!

4 comments:

LEO said...

I HATE sleeping on my side too! Several times during the night and in the morning, I find myself on my back and roll to one side. I'm starting to think it's not worth the effort. My mom had no idea they recommend side sleeping these days, she slept on her back for all 3 pregnancies, and we turned out ok. I hope the pillow works out after a few more tries though!

Downsized Attorney said...

Try two body pillows on either side. I once bruised my spine playing rugby in college and had to sleep on my side for over a month. Two body pillows on either side prevented me from rolling over in my sleep.

FSD said...

Leo--my husband and I often laugh about all the warnings given to pregnant women these days. Don't eat this, don't use that, sleep this way....I think we know too much these days because our mothers and grandmothers did just fine w/o all of these prohibitions. LOL.

Infant Attorney--thanks for the suggestion. I may try that since I'm abandoning the blasted Snoogle!

Heather said...

Thats no good! I can't sleep on my side either. I have a regular body pillow and two other pillows I just pile around me. I end up sleeping on my left side rolled more toward my front (right leg up at my tummy) so it feels like I'm sleeping on my stomach...

I do scan my U/S picts - just use a regular scanner, I have also just taken a picture of the picture which works too :)