Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, October 3, 2008

Is That Even Possible?

I weighed myself Monday morning as usual and was sufficiently satisfied that my weight gain was under control. While I'm gradually gaining, I was happy to see that I was still 3lbs lighter than I was pre-preggers. I haven't been starving myself. Just trying to eat sensibly. Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Fast forward to this morning. I don't know why I decided to weigh myself, but I did. Boy was I in for a surprise! It seems that I've gained 2.8 lbs (I refuse to round it to 3 lbs), I repeat, 2.8 lbs.....in four days. Huh?! Really?! Is that even possible???? Four days!? I mean really. It took God seven days to create the heavens and the Earth. Yet I managed to gain 2.8 lbs in four days. Wow! At this rate, I stand to gain 98 lbs before Zoe arrives. I have 138 days to go. At a rate of 2.8 lbs every four days, that's a whopping 98 lbs. Really, it is. I did the math.

Okay, so I know I'm not going to gain 98 lbs. I'm completely exaggerating. I'm just completely in shock right now.

Confession: My sweet tooth is back. I made the awful mistake of buying some of those break-and-bake cookies. Chocolate chip w/ walnuts. Yum....especially straight out of the oven. I ate twelve gooey cookies last weekend. In three days. But I weighed myself on Monday and the damage wasn't too bad. Or so I thought. How long does it take for twelve cookies to register on the scale?! Apparently four days. Must throw away cookies TONIGHT!

1 comment:

CP said...

my weight gain during pregnancy was so random and inconsistent. I didn't gain anything until I was 20 weeks pregnant and then I gained 10 pounds in two weeks! Thwn it slowed down until the 3rd trimester! So don't freak out- although it IS scary to watch the scale tip so fast in so few days :)