Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 15, 2008

Operation Nursery Underway

Saturday Trevor and I made our first baby purchase. Actually that's not true. Trevor bought our first pack of newborn diapers on Friday. Awww!!! So on Saturday Trevor and I made our first nursery purchase. We ordered Baby D's furniture. YAY!!!! After searching high and low, we decided on a set that is manufactured in Europe; it converts from a crib to a toddler bed to a full-size bed. The quality is impeccable and the manufacturing is environmentally responsible. We're no environmentalists, but this was a bonus. What we especially like is that the furniture isn't manufactured in China, which is of great concern these days with all the lead laden crud imports, and there are no formaldehydes used. Also, the furniture has a number of safety features to prevent injury to Baby D. It will take 12 weeks for the furniture to be manufactured and shipped, however, the factory is closed the month of December. Thus, the furniture should arrive in late December/early January. Just in time for our little one.

Here are pics of the furniture. Besides the crib, we ordered the dresser/baby station (to the right in the photo) and the armoire. Unfortunately this pic doesn't show the armoire.

Now we need to figure out a nursery theme. We'll probably find out Baby D's gender at the end of the month, so that will bring some clarity to the theme decision. If we decide to wait and be surprised I don't know what we'll do because we haven't seen any gender neutral themes that we like. The manager at the furniture store gave us a good idea. If we decide to wait to find out Baby D's gender, which I kinda want to do, she said we can have Dr. S place the baby's gender in a sealed envelope for her eyes only. Then we can select boy bedding and girl bedding and she'll have the bedding/decor delivered to us in a sealed box, along with our furniture. When Baby D is born we can decorate the nursery. I guess that's a viable option since Baby D won't sleep in his/her nursery right away. Apparently another couple did this in the past. I think it's a good alternative to a gender neutral theme. I don't know??? Decisions, decisions.....

4 comments:

Downsized Attorney said...

The furniture is beautiful. I really like that you can use it as a toddler bed when the baby grows up. Quality is also very important, no sense buying something that's crappy and going to fall apart. I really like the idea the woman at the furniture store had, though it's kind of funny to think that someone who barely knows you will know the gender of your baby and you won't.

LEO said...

I love the furniture you picked... it's so fun to decorate the nursery and buy the things that YOUR BABY will be using so soon! We're expecting our first in a few months and we just painted the nursery, so I'm right there with you! Congrats :)

CP said...

THAT'S A GREAT IDEA~!! I wanted the gender to be a surprise too but when I saw all the blechy yellow baby stuff, that was the end of that! That would be such a great surprise!

And your furniture is AMAZING! Puts our IKEA junk to shame. I love it, your nursery will be so special!

Anonymous said...

I am just blog surfing and wondering where you found that furniture... I love it! Please let me know if there is a website or catalog.
THANKS!