Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Still Waiting....

...to feel Baby D move for the first time. I'm officially getting anxious! Last Wednesday night, while I was in bed, I felt two back-to-back flipping sensations in my stomach. I got really excited because I thought it was Baby D moving rather than gas because nothing followed those sensations....if you know what I mean. Anyway, I haven't felt anything since then, so maybe it wasn't the baby. Maybe it was gas after all???? Dunno. All I know is that I'm getting impatient, and I want to feel this baby move. According to the pregnancy books and websites, it can still take up to 3-5 more weeks until I feel movement since this is my first child. But on average, most women feel their baby move for the first time between 16-20 weeks. So I'm still in range. In a few weeks when Baby D starts boning up on his/her taekwondo skills I'm sure I'll long for this day again, but right now I'm just ready and anxious.

Come on Baby D, move for mommy!!!

2 comments:

Balancing Act said...

The first movements are random and feel like a flutter rather than a kick. I think it feels like bubbles :)

LEO said...

I never felt those flutters or "popcorn popping" but right about 18 weeks I felt two little kicks that totally felt like feet poking me, and from then on, I have felt all kinds of stuff (from what I've read, I'm guessing hiccups, tumbles, kicks, etc...) I think as a first time mom, it's normal not to recognize movements as kicks for another few weeks, so you'll definitely feel them soon enough!