Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

18 Weeks!

Yesterday I started my 18th week of pregnancy/the start of my 5th month. I can't believe how fast things are moving, although February seems like an eternity from now. While Baby D is getting longer and longer every week, I'm amazed at how much the baby weighs. Only 5 ounces at this point. That just reinforces how much growing Baby D has to do.

Baby D this week: Baby D is filling out and moving like crazy, although I don't feel the movement yet. (I did feel a strange flutter in my stomach last night, but I don't know if that was Baby D or my dinner talking back.) Apparently this week Baby D has started yawning and hiccuping. Wow! And he/she has its fingerprints now. Baby D is approximately 5 1/2 inches long....about the size of a bell pepper:

Pretty crazy!

By the way---I "borrowed" the idea of posting photos to illustrate Baby D's size from another blog. I couldn't resist. I just wish I would've kept track of this before now. Oh well!

Footnote: After my second nosebleed I said that I'd stop mentioning them after the third, assuming there was a third. Well, there was a third. Yesterday. This is annoying. Perhaps if I stop talking about the nosebleeds they'll stop. Or not. (Peeking ahead to month 9 in "What to Expect When You're Expecting", nosebleeds are still listed as a symptom. Dang!) Oh well, the nosebleeds won't be mentioned again.


No comments: