Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Boy or Girl? THAT is the Question!

After mulling it over, Trevor and I are certain that we want to know Baby D's gender. While the idea of being surprised on Baby D's birthday would be great, we just can't hold out that long. We want to know for practical reasons, primarily nursery planning. We also want to begin bonding with Baby D in a very special way by referring to him/her by his/her name in the womb. But more importantly, we want to know because we just want to know! I'm the same girl that used to sneak and open her Christmas presents and then tape them shut again when I was a little girl. (Sorry, Mom!) Clearly, curiosity always gets the best of me. If I could figure out a way to conduct (and interpret) my own ultrasound, I'd be slathering on the jelly and rubbing my belly with the probe right now!

While we both want a healthy baby (who doesn't?!), I really want a girl, and Trevor really wants a boy; however, I think I want a girl more than Trevor wants a boy. Regardless, one of us will get what we want.

This Friday we are having a second trimester screening done. It is similar to the first trimester screening, however, the doctor can see more of Baby D's anatomy and can check for things such as open spine defects and heart defects. We fully expect to be able to find out Baby D's gender as well. I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

Downsized Attorney said...

I also used to open my christmas presents and then tape them back up. I wouldn't be able to make it 9 months without knowing the gender of my baby. I wish I could wait to be surprised, but when the time comes I know that I will not be able to wait.

LEO said...

I think that finding out what you're having is a surprise, whether it's during the pregnancy or at birth. I felt the same way you do, but I am convinced there will be enough surprises in store for me then to keep me happy!

Nana Leona said...

Ricka, are you the same girl who said she would never stop believing in Santa Claus when you were 13 and one of your class mates told you that there was no Santa Claus and I told you that when you stop believing in Santa Claus he would stop coming? I never knew you were opening your Christmas presents, but I'm glad I always hid the ones Santa Claus brought you on X-mas eve at a friends house so you wouldn't know what else you were getting. But knowing you, you probably looked in my wallet and got out my receipts while I was sleeping to see all what I brought. Ha Ha

Well tomorrow is the big day and I want to correct you about something. You and Trev both will be getting what you want "your first child" whether it be a boy of girl and that is the bottom line. I know that I am sure getting what I have wanted for some time now and that is my first grandchild. Yea!

I didn't know yours or Aaron's sex until the day you all were born so I'm glad you and Trev are getting the opportunity to know what sex Baby D will be. I can't wait!!