Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

Obsessed?

I think I'm becoming obsessed with becoming a new mom....if that's possible??? I've always enjoyed mindless TV. Hey, after being "on" at work all day long reading statutes, contracts, case law, etc., the last thing I want to do when I get home is "think!" Thus, the addiction to mindless TV. In fact, I'm a reality show junkie. The Bachelor, The Bachelorette, The Amazing Race, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model....and the list goes on. Well, that trend has continued into my pregnancy, only now my new reality TV vices are The Baby Story, Bringing Home Baby, and Jon and Kate plus 8. (All on TLC) Between reading about pregnancy and babies and watching pregnancy and baby related shows, I think I'm becoming obsessed with this motherhood thing. I really don't feel normal anymore and I don't know what to do about it. I wonder if I'll ever feel "normal" again...whatever that is???

3 comments:

Downsized Attorney said...

I saw your comment over on my blog. Congrats on your pregnancy.

I too am addicted to television. After spending all day being "serious" at work all I want to do is come home and watch mindless television. I don't know what I would do without my DVR.

FSD said...

Infant Attorney,

I completely agree!! DVRs are the best thing since sliced bread!

FSD

Nana Leona said...

Just wanted to let you know that like mother, like daughter. I also enjoyed reading baby books when I was pregnant with you. I was obsessed with new mothers and thier infants too. Every baby I saw was cute and just adorable. I couldn't wait until I had you and held you. Much to my surprise you were even cuter than the babies I thought were cute.

I wish they had this blog thing when I was pregnant with you. You could read it and compare how much your and my pregnancy is so much alike. The only thing, your dad didn't get any of the symptoms. I spared him and took them all :-) If I had it to do all over again, I would because you have grown to be quite a lovely lady.

So I guess to answer you question. You are perfectly normal. What you are experiencing is a transformation from being barren to being fruitful :-) Now you have to think for three (and maybe four) Trev, baby and You! This will only make your sharp mind sharper :-)

Remember get plenty of rest. Until I write again... I love you