Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Diagnosis: Tension Headaches

I saw Dr. S today about my headaches and neck, back and shoulder tension. Dx: Tension Headaches. She gave me some practical tips for the tension: neck stretches and the dreaded "E" word....exercise! I've been prone to tension headaches in the past, but not as chronic as I've had them lately. Dr. S prescribed me a medication that is safe to take during pregnancy that works for tension and migraine headaches. I hope the meds work. I'm hopeful. Most importantly, Baby D is doing fine. We heard his/her heartbeat today and it was still nice and strong. Other than that, Dr. S commented on my weight. I've lost another couple of pounds. She asked how my appetite has been, and I told her it's been pretty good. She said she's not alarmed by my weight loss, but just wanted to be sure I'm eating. Good visit.

Oh, Dr. S said I can resume sleeping on my back. YAY!!! Apparently I don't have to worry about side sleeping until I'm around 26-28 weeks, so I guess you can't believe everything you read. I will be sleeping on my back tonight and for the next 11-13 weeks. Hopefully that helps relieve some of the tension!

1 comment:

Downsized Attorney said...

I read your comment on my blog about your vacation. I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope they're reimbursing you for you plane tickets.