Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Morning Sickness....

...sucks! Especially when it's ALL DAY sickness!! I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones who wouldn't get morning sickness. No such luck! But don't feel sorry for me, because I think I willed this to happen. Actually, go ahead and feel sorry for me because I'm miserable right now! I say I willed this to happen because I was so worried (and was confessing same with my mouth) because I wasn't experiencing morning sickness. The worry about no morning sickness was due to the slight scare we had at our first prenatal appointment. The last two weeks have been tough, but I feel fortunate that I haven't been vomiting....just constant nausea. I'm also fortunate that I didn't start having this little problem until 9 weeks into my pregnancy. So, in the midst of it all, I'm still counting it all joy....or at least I'm trying.

Thankfully, I have a very understanding boss because since the morning sickness has set in, I've been a pretty trifling attorney. I usually don't get to the office until between 10-10:30. Embarrassing, I know. However, my mornings are so tough because my nausea is right there waiting on me when I open my eyes. I can't make sudden movements. In fact, every task requires a few moments of rest. Take shower - rest, put on lotion - rest, brush teeth - rest, etc. This makes for a LONG morning. And I live 25 miles north of downtown, thus a long commute. The logical solution would be to wake up earlier, right? Wrong!! Did I mention my extreme fatigue? This too shall pass....

One of my BFFs, Dione, gave me some tips to control the nausea. Apparently I haven't been eating frequently enough. Who wants to eat when they are extremely nauseous, right? Well, seems that I should've been eating every two hours, which I'm doing now. What a difference it has made! Thanks, Dione!

No comments: