Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Trimester in Review

Now that I've started my second trimester, I thought it would be a good idea to do a "first trimester in review." All in all, I had a great first trimester! I've heard some horror stories, so I feel blessed with the way my first trimester went. Besides the fatigue, and the two weeks of awful nausea, I felt pretty good. Initially, I tried to exercise at least three days a week, which helped tremendously with my energy level; however, once the nausea set in, I couldn't muster up the desire or energy. I'm looking forward to a much more active (and energetic...fingers crossed) second trimester.

What really made the first trimester a success is the fact that I have such a wonderful husband! Trevor was amazing!! Not only was he completely enthralled with the pregnancy, but he was diligent about keeping up, via his book, with what was going on with me and the baby. That was (and still is) so sweet! Trevor also picked up the slack around the house!! There were so many days that I just wanted to crawl in bed and sleep, and I did. Trevor was great about making sure the laundry was done and that the dishes were washed, where needed. Trevor willingly made grocery store runs to get me pickles, crackers, Sprite, ginger ale, and whatever else I needed to stave off my nausea. He also gave me foot rubs and/or shoulder rubs whenever I needed them, and even when I didn't. Heaven!! But what I think I enjoyed most was our nightly walks around the neighborhood during the early days of the first trimester. My doctor advised me to limit my exercise to walking until further into the first trimester, so Trevor walked with me. I know he would have preferred to go for a run, but he walked and kept my pace. I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed me with such a wonderful and supportive husband!!

I had a great first trimester. I'm looking forward to the next two.

1 comment:

Downsized Attorney said...

Congrats on passing the first trimester and glad that your husband is so supportive.