Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 4, 2008

Couvade Symptoms

A.K.A. "sympathy symptoms." I think that's what my husband is experiencing. It all started early in my pregnancy when (1) Trevor started experiencing fatigue. We chuckled about it. Now he, like me, (2) often feels a little nauseous halfway through his meals. (3) He's gained weight (or so he claims), albeit one pound and a few ounces. (I, on the other hand, have lost 8 lbs since finding out I'm pregnant....I'll be talking to Dr. S about that at my appt on Thursday) (4) Trevor also has the munchies. Saturday night we were watching something on TV; don't remember what? Anyway, someone on the show/movie was offered chocolate cake and milk. At the end of the show/movie (still don't remember what we were watching), Trevor declares that he wants chocolate cake! So, we jumped in the car and drove approximately 20 minutes to a restaurant that has the most amazing chocolate cake. When we got home, Trevor poured a glass of milk and enjoyed his chocolate cake. Internally, I chuckled. Well, this morning Trevor's "sympathy symptoms" were confirmed. When we woke up I asked him how he slept. He said his sleep was "okay, not great." When I asked why, (5) he said that getting up twice in the middle of the night to pee really interrupted his sleep. I cracked up! You must understand that my husband NEVER wakes up in the middle of the night to go pee. Yep, couvade symptoms! Ha ha ha.....

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.