Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ouch!

For the last two weeks I've been waking up in pain. My back, neck and shoulders are so tight and tense, which leads to awful tension headaches! I think this stems from me trying to master sleeping on my side since I've reached the stage in my pregnancy where it is recommended. I'm a back and stomach sleeper, so this sleeping on my side thing has been a pain....both literally and figuratively. I notice that when I sleep on my side I sort of shrug my shoulders, so I think I'm all tensed up when I'm sleeping. I've tried new pillows. I officially have enough pillows sitting on my side of the room to create a pillow menu. I even purchased a $50 pillow on Monday night that ended up getting tossed on the floor around 4:45 am. Nothing is working, and I'm so tired of being in pain! Sunday, Trevor and I splurged on massages. I had my first prenatal massage, which was interesting. It is the first time I've had a massage lying solely on my back and side. I was worried that my massage therapist wouldn't be able to work out the kinks if I wasn't on my stomach, but she worked her magic. Afterward she commented on how tight I was. Good, so I wasn't imagining things. I felt better after leaving, but woke up all stiff and sore on Monday. Surely I can't get prenatal massages everyday for relief. We'll go broke!! Maybe I need a spinal adjustment??? I've never had one, but lately I feel like that may be the problem. Dunno???

I think I can handle the tension, but the headaches are a different story. After taking Tylenol five out of six days recently, I started to get concerned. I called Dr. S yesterday and her nurse called back today. Dr. S wants to see me in her office tomorrow morning. I'll be there. I hope she can help me figure out what's going on and give me some suggestions. This is getting really annoying! But if it takes a headache a day to bring a healthy Baby D into this world, bring it on!

No comments: