Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Today we celebrated Trevor's first Father's Day; it was a great day! Actually, the celebration began yesterday with a surprise daddy/daughter photo session I planned for Trevor and Zoe. Last year Trevor found out he was going to be a daddy; this year he was able to spend this special day with his precious baby girl. He was such a proud daddy today. When we woke up, Zoe and I gave him his cards and gifts. I made him a photo card from Zoe with images of various daddy/daughter memories we've captured; he loved it! I also painted a coffee mug for Trevor from Zoe complete with her footprints and some longhorn attachments. The mug said "Hooked on Daddy" to go with the UT "Hook 'Em" theme; again, he loved it! My gift to Trevor was a variety of accessories for his grill. After our morning at home, we headed out to church. Trevor enjoyed holding Zoe for most of the service. It is so special to see him praising the Lord with his daughter, our gift from God, in his arms. I'm glad she can watch us worshipping together as a family. I want to give her a rich legacy of faith in Jesus Christ.

We ended our Father's Day celebration with a nice dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse (yum!)....and a family nap after filling our bellies. :- )

Happy Father's Day once again, Trevor. You are an amazing daddy to Zoe. She's so blessed! We're so blessed! We love you!












5 comments:

CP said...

all the pictures look great!!!! such a cutie!

Cupcake Dreamer said...

What a wonderful day. You have such a precious family with Trevor and Zoey. How adorable and it sounds like from start to finish Trevor felt like the father on father's day that he should. Great job! That steak made me hungry. :)

Jenni said...

You guys really are such a beautiful family. I loved what you did for Trevor. I always feel like I'm such a dud at ideas for holidays and events and then I read what others have done and always thinks "shucks! I should of done that!" :) Hee hee.

Zoe is a complete doll. that's it. Aside from Preston, she's now my favorite baby. hee hee.

trevor said...

Thanks for the wonderful Father's Day Baby! I love you.

Kara - Wife, Momma, Doula said...

TEARS...is all I have to say. Something about a daddy and his little girl just get me!

I was and still am a daddy's girl :)