Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, June 6, 2009

First Fever

Zoe had her first fever today. She had her 4 month shots yesterday; I hate those things! When she woke up this morning, I picked her up and noticed she was pretty hot to the touch. I took her temperature, and it was 102.8. This freaked me out! I took off her gown and gave her some Ty.lenol. I also called her pediatrician's office for further instructions. After 45 minutes her fever broke and went down to 99.8. As the day progressed, it continued to drop. Thank God! My poor baby girl. I hope her fever doesn't return. On the upside, Zoe was a perfectly happy baby through it all. If it weren't for her feeling warm, I never would've known she had a fever.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Awwwe poor Zoe. I'm glad that you got her fever to break.I know exactly how you feel though - I'm constantly worried about not knowing how to tell if Preston has a fever or not. There have been many times where he has just been hot and sweaty, and I've wondered if he had a fever. I guess it's always better to take their temperature just in case.

By the way, thank you so much for your comment on my blog tonight. That was so incredibly sweet. Awwwe. And I have to say, I do sort of feel a "pressure" from society to be done breastfeeding by the time Preston turns 1, but after reading your comment it helped me to know that it is okay if he needs to go longer. I don't know if he is truly ready yet, as he hasn't shown signs of un-interest.

I guess we shall have to see.

My no-sugar thing is going well. I'm not as strict as I was when I did the detox, but I still am really good. Although maybe I should go back to being as strict because my weightloss has sort of plataeu'd lately. Hmmmmm...

CP said...

it's so scary when babies get fevers! I'm so glad she is doing better now. Makes you feel so helpless doesn't it. but Zoe knows you were taking good care of her.

Nana Leona said...

Sorry to hear about Zoe's fever, but it is a good thing too because this means that Zoe's immune system is working good.