Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My 1st Mother's Day

It was strange celebrating Mother's Day this year as not only a daughter, but as a mother! I'm so thankful that I'm Zoe's mommy. What an honor and a privilege.

Trevor made my day special. It started on Friday with beautiful yellow roses that were delivered to our home. The card was sweet:

"Baby, I get so excited watching you with our beautiful Zoe. This is a very special day for you, and I look forward to many more. I love you and thank God for what He has done in my life. Happy Mother's Day!"

Sunday morning, Trevor gave me two cards, one from him and one from Zoe. Both cards were really sweet, but the one from Zoe was perfect in every way:

"Oh, How I Love my Mommy!

There's no one like my mommy for bringing happy smiles...
For stopping what she's doing to rock me for awhile.

There's no one like my mommy for singing lullabies...
For hurrying to hold me when she hears my little cries.

There's no one like my mommy for taking me on walks....
And for being a good listener in our "mommy-baby talks"!

There's no one like my mommy to hug and snuggle me!
And though I'm small, my love for her is as big as it can be!

Happy Mother's Day, Mommy
With Lots of Love and Baby Kisses!"

Those words made me cry because they are all so true; if Zoe could talk, I really think she would have said all of those things. Being a mom can be challenging and tiring at times, but I love spending my days with Zoe, just focusing on her. There's nothing else I'd rather do.

After the cards, Trevor played my gift, a DVD he made of my journey thus far as Zoe's mommy. The video started in L&D and continued through the last several weeks. It was very sweet; a special labor of love on his part. He also set it to music with some of my favorite songs. Again, I cried. After church we went to brunch and then we finished the day with a trip to a nearby outlet mall. Oh, and we grabbed some gelato....yum!

I look forward to many more Mother's Days to come.

A couple of pictures of my baby love and me:



4 comments:

CP said...

wow! she is getting so big! beautiful photos! sounds like you had just a wonderful day. what a sweet husband you have!

Jill said...

How sweet! I think your husband is a keeper. :)

I LOVE the mommy-daughter pics of you and Zoe! You are both just beautiful!

Cupcake Dreamer said...

Zoe is such a cutie! I don't blame you for being happy. Happy Mother's Day!

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh, you are so beautiful. Those photos of you and Zoe really touched me, and to hear about what your husband did for Mothers day. Wow what a great guy. He put together that video and everything (and I know how much time those take!).

Happy belated Mothers Day.You deserved a wonderful day. :)