Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sunday, February 1, 2009

37 Weeks!

I crossed the 37 week mark last Wednesday. Zoe is officially full-term! All is well. We're anxious to meet Zoe, but we know she'll enter this world when she's good and ready. Assuming she doesn't arrive late, we're officially at T-17 days and counting.

I'm feeling pretty good. Same symptoms as last week. Someone asked me the other day if I'm officially tired of being pregnant? I'm not. I'm anxious to meet Zoe, but I've been very fortunate to have a smooth and easy pregnancy. No big issues to complain of. Sure I have an aching back, pain in my left rib cage from time to time, swelling ankles as of late, horrendous snoring (according to Trevor), occasional nosebleeds, and other random symptoms, but I don't have the horror stories I've heard other women speak of. I'm truly blessed.

My weight gain is still holding steady at 16 lbs. I'm pleased. My belly is getting big though. (Although I still think I look cute ~ smile) Some of my maternity shirts are even starting to get too short. What's up with that?! I wonder how much larger my belly will get between now and when I deliver?

Zoe this week: since Zoe is officially full-term, there's not much going on in terms of development. All of her organs and major systems are just continuing to mature. Beyond that, she's working on gaining weight and getting practice simulating breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid, sucking on her thumb, blinking, and pivoting from side to side. With respect to Zoe gaining weight, I've noticed my appetite has increased, so I guess her nutritional needs are increasing. Zoe has been getting hiccups like crazy lately; sometimes they last as long as 5 minutes. And she's still a little jitterbug, moving like crazy!

According to the text books, Zoe weighs approximately 6 1/3 lbs.; however, Dr. S estimates that Zoe's weight is more in the neighborhood of 5 lbs. Zoe is over 19 inches long (like a stalk of swiss chard):




1 comment:

Jill said...

Aww, enjoy it! As much as I complained about pregnancy at the end, I really do miss it. :)