Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Here She Is....(and a quick update)

Motherhood is both amazing and humbling! Oh, and exhausting!!! Zoe is amazing and she really is a dream. Breastfeeding is looking up, but it was a challenge initially. Our biggest issue right now is that Zoe is so sleepy at the breast. As a result, I have to follow each feeding with 15 minutes of pumping and a supplemental feeding for Zoe to make sure she gets enough food in her tummy. This makes for a long process and only leaves me about an hour and a half to sleep before the next feeding. Short naps really make me irritable, thus I'm running on very little sleep. I know it will get better. Trevor has been AMAZING!!! There is no way I could do this without him. We're both so in love with Zoe. She is God's greatest gift to us!!!

Here are a few pictures of our angel (sorry about the varying picture sizes....I'm too tired to try to fix it or figure it out):







2 comments:

Jenni said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Awwwwwe you poor mommy!! Don't forget to let others do things for you. I know no one else can really feed baby for you or take care of her like you, but ANYTHING else let others do.

I can't wait to hear the birth story!

CP said...

poor thing!!! it takes up enough time just to FEED a newborn- but if you have to pump and re-feed- I can imagine how time consuming that is!!

Good job on the naps though! I think I've taken a total of two naps since Jacob was born (I'm a bad napper).

And Zoe is so cute- I can't believe how much hair she has! Can't wait to hear more!