Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, February 2, 2009

Ut Oh!

This morning, after I read an article on the topic, Trevor and I tested our nursery rhyme skills. Um, yeah.....not so much! We're in trouble! Or Zoe is! It is very clear to us that we don't know many nursery rhymes and can't get past the first two or three lines of the ones we do know.

Two examples of how this morning's session went:

"Hush little baby don't say a word, momma's gonna buy you a mockingbird, and if that mockingbird don't sing.....cricket, cricket....."

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star, how I wonder.....is the next word "what" or where"....you are......cricket, cricket......"

Poor Zoe! LOL!!!

4 comments:

CP said...

OMG!!! Its been haunting me that I dont know the rest of the mockingbird song- jacob has a toy that plays the tune and I end up having to fake my way through! but there is still time for you to learn!

Jenni said...

Don't worry you are not alone in this!!! I still humm part of Itzy Bitzy Spider...the parts I don't know.LOL

Stacie said...

Hi there. I found your blog through a comment you left on Jills' blog.

Don't worry about not knowing the nursery rhymes. We had so many books and CDs with the songs on them we didn't need to know the words. But, if you follow the link below you will find our favorite book. It is not the traditional words to hush little baby but my kids loved it. My almost 5 year old still asks me to sing it to him before bed.

http://www.amazon.com/Hush-Little-Baby-Sylvia-Long/dp/0811814165

FSD said...

I totally forgot about the Itzy Bitzy Spider, Jenni! But THANK YOU because I just sang it and I THINK I know all the words. LOL. Unless there's more than one verse....

Thanks for your comment, Stacie. I'll check out that link! :- )