Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm Pregnant?!

Dear Baby D,

You already cease to amaze me!!! Three months ago, Daddy and I decided we were ready to welcome a little one into our lives. We've been trying to conceive you since then. Conception takes perfect timing, and we really thought our timing wasn't right this month. (You'll understand what all of this means when you're ready to start your family ~ smile) But I guess both you and God were ready for you to start your journey because I found out this morning that I'm pregnant!!! I am so excited and am already so ready to be your Mommy.

So here's how it (well, not "it") happened. This week I've been feeling as though my period was going to come (and it was supposed to). Well, on Thursday afternoon I started to get a little suspicious, so I pulled out a calendar. Lo and behold, my period was supposed to arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. I decided to give it the rest of Thursday to arrive. When I woke up this morning, NOTHING, so I took a pregnancy test. Less than a minute later, I saw the most amazing word peering back at me from the pregnancy test....."PREGNANT"!!!! I had to look at the stick a few times. I kept looking for the word "NOT" to precede "PREGNANT", but "NOT" was not there. I was home alone since Daddy is a pilot, so I just jumped for joy and began to thank the Lord for this miracle!!! I'm still amazed at it all!! I went to the doctor's office and they confirmed my pregnancy. I'm told that you'll be joining us on approximately February 19, 2009. YAY!!!

Oh, since Father's Day is on Sunday, I'm going to try to keep this news to myself. I'll let Daddy know about you on Father's Day. Shhhh.....it's our little secret for now.

Love you already,
Mommy

No comments: