Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 29, 2011

7 Months!

**Family and friends (if anyone is still out there....I'm going to start working on updating my blog. Please be patient with me. I'm so excited to get back to blogging!)

Dear Zachary,

You are 7 months old! How can that be???? It seems like I was *just* gazing into your eyes for the first time. Wow!

You are such a blessing. Between you and me, I have always been so partial to girls. When I was pregnant with you, I couldn't decide if I wanted a girl or a boy. I now feel foolish for any conflict I had because you are a pure joy, and I am completely smitten with you. I feel so blessed that I get to experience the joys of raising "one of each."

In the past month you started solids! We started you with brown rice cereal, which you thought was just okay and then moved on to oatmeal, which you absolutely LOVE. You fit in quite well in our family because we are all oatmeal lovers, and it is a common breakfast around here. Vegetables are next. We can't wait, and I'm sure you can't either.

This month you perfected your combat crawl. Initially, you would rock back and forth on your legs and then drop to your belly. Now you don't bother getting on your knees at all, so you may be an exclusive combat crawler. You are so fast and so curious. I often joke with Daddy about the fact that you will require us to baby proof, which we didn't have to do with your sister. You are already opening the lowest drawer on the TV console and you love making your way to power cords. Oh boy!

You still aren't sleeping through the night, but you are falling into some predictable sleep patterns, which is nice. Mommy brings you to our bed when you wake up for the first time at night and you just side lie with me and nurse at your leisure for the remainder of the night. It works for both of us and allows Mommy to get a little more rest, especially on the days I work.

You are still such a friendly baby. You generously share your sweet little smile with new people and your eyes just sparkle when you smile. One of your favorite people to smile at, besides Mommy and Daddy, is your big sister, Zoe. It is very apparent that you already look up to her. You love to watch her and she can easily make you laugh. It is so sweet watching the two of you together.

The highlight of this month was the Sta.te Fa.ir of Te.xas! It was a first for Zoe, and you, obviously. Although you just hung out in the Bj.orn on Mommy and Daddy, you seemed to enjoy looking at all the bright colors, hearing all the new sounds and watching all the people. You also took time for a nice snooze.

I love you so much, Zachary, and I'm so delighted God chose me to be your Mommy! I look forward to what the next month will hold.

My love always,
Mommy

No comments: