Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Zoe's First (and prayerfully, last) Car Accident

Yesterday was one of my most frightening days as Zoe's mommy. She was in her first car accident. Poor thing! Trevor, Zoe and my mom came downtown to have lunch with me. As they were dropping me off after lunch, I had a strange feeling come over. I can't explain it, but I had a moment of fear that something could happen to my family. The feeling was so strong that I made a point to stress to Trevor to be careful driving home. In response to that admonishment, my mom said a quick prayer for "travel grace and mercy." I said "amen", kissed my family and went back to work. Not more than 15 minutes later my mom called and told me they were just in an accident. My heart sank. The background was eerily quiet, so that scared me. My first question was if Zoe was okay!? My mom assured me that she was. Next I asked if Trevor was okay. Thankfully, he was. And finally I asked my mom if she was okay. Thankfully, she was also okay.

The accident was on the highway and it was a 5 car pile-up; my family was car #4 in said pile-up. Thankfully, traffic was starting to slow down, so no one was traveling as fast as they could have otherwise. Shortly after the accident, Trevor started having a bad headache and pain in the middle of his neck; my mom recently had major abdominal surgery, so she was in pain from the pressure of the seat belt around her waist and she was having neck, shoulder and back pain. Both Trevor and my mom ended up in the ER; both were released with a clean bill of health. Thank God! We took Zoe to get checked out by her pediatrician; she, too, got a clean bill of health. Again, thank God! As a safety precaution, we bought Zoe a new car seat today. We'll worry about getting the car fixed next week.

I'm so thankful my family is okay. It scares me to think of a car, or a truck in this case, ramming the back of our car where precious little Zoe was sitting, completely defenseless. But I'm so thankful that a sovereign God protected me family in their time of need. Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Oh my gosh...I'm so glad that your family was okay. That is so scary and honestly one of my worst fears. Thank goodness everyone is okay. Hopefully nobody suffered whiplash. I had a minor rear-ender accident a few years back (where someone ran into the back of my car on the freeway) and I thought I was totally fine. Then like a month later I was getting these awful headaches. I went to the doctor and all he did was give me migrane medicine (booh on dr's for that) and eventually realized, after seeing a massage therapist that I had whiplash from my accident. Crazy huh how it sometimes wont' show up for a while.

Anyway, man I can sure ramble on my comments on your blog huH! LOL I'm just glad that everyone is okay. And I'm glad you got a new carseat, as you're supposed to anyway if you get in a car accident (even if the carseat is totally untouched).