Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 21, 2009

7 Months

Dear Zoe,

You're 7 months old! Months feel like days now that you're here. Mommy and Daddy are having the time of our lives with you.

During the last month your personality has started to shine through more. You are such a happy little girl, Zoe, and you love to smile and laugh. Your smiles melt our hearts. You are very ticklish just like Mommy, so we love hearing you laugh when we tickle you. I truly don't know if there is any part of you that isn't ticklish.

You started eating solids a few days after your 6 month birthday. With the exception of cereals, all of your food will be homemade with love by Mommy and Daddy. Also, all of your food will be organic. Daddy was so impressed with the first batch of food Mommy made (peas) that he decided he wants to share in the fun by making your food as well. So far you've eaten brown rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, peas, avocado and green beans. Avocado was an adventure (we'll have to try again), but you have taken well to everything else.

You still love to blow raspberries, even in the middle of church and while eating peas. Who cares if you do it at the most inopportune times?! You're only a baby once, right? :-)

You're sleeping much better these days, and you're even taking naps a little easier....emphasis on "a little". It's a work in progress, pumpkin. Also new this month is that you enjoy sleeping on your tummy. Sometimes you even hike your butt in the air as you sleep. It's pretty funny.

On a big developmental note, you finally decided to roll both ways. This makes your play time even more fun, and you're all over your crib at night. Mommy and Daddy are convinced that you'll soon be crawling, but we're not rushing it because that means we have to baby proof the house (yikes!).

Zoe, we are so honored to watch you grow. We don't take it for granted, not for one second. You are such an amazing miracle in our lives; we are in awe of you. Thank you for lighting up our lives with your sweet presence. We love you so much, sweetness.

Love always,
Mommy



Adventures in Eating

Cereal - not too bad


Peas 1 - Zoe 0

Avocado - YUCK!


Modeling her new shoes

Will the shoes pass the taste test?

Zoe attended her first wedding....she was a complete doll! Here she is with Mommy and Daddy.




Bottoms Up! (Zoe getting her sleep on)


4 comments:

Jenni said...

Okay well first off I just have to say that I've missed you!!! I'm so glad you blogged. I've gotten your comments on my blog too (thank you), and I came to write some comments back and saw that you blogged today ! Yay :)

Second, I wanted to tell you what a beautiful family you are. Seriously, well first I was looking at Zoe's pictures and I could not take my eyes off of her. She is a cutie pie and that is an understatement. Then there was the photo of you two together and I just thought how gorgeous YOU were. And then your husband too? it's no wonder your little girl got lucky with incredible genes.

So you've gotta stop taking such great pictures because you're making the rest of us look bad :) lol just teasing of course...

You are doing so great with your weightloss goals (I got your comment on my blog about cutting out 90% sweets). I think any little thing helps.

I think you already knew this, but I stopped breastfeeding about 3 weeks ago. I have to say that the transition was easy, BUT I got used to eating those extra calories and so it's been a little bit of an adjustment to cut my calories back by 300. In fact, I'm hungry right now :) but I'll adjust.

Your letters to Zoe are so sweet. I wish I would have started writing letters to Preston from the beginning. What a great keepsake. :)

How are you surviving work?

Julie said...

Awwww! I was going to mention what a gorgeous family you are ... but I see that the comment before me already did that and I shouldn't be redundant! But seriously you guys could model for family magazines or clothing ads or something! LOVE Zoe's avocado face as well as the new sleeping position! LOL!

X's and O's from us!

Jill said...

That girl just gets cuter and cuter (which is pretty hard, since she started off pretty darn adorable)! Where has the time gone? :)

Thanks for all the thoughts and good wishes! It is just amazing to know that people out there are praying for you. It means so much.

trevor said...

Ricka - Thank you for capturing the memories this way. I enjoy reading the entries and look forward to new ones. I thank God everyday for the two priceless gifts in my life, you and Zoe! You two are my existence. Love you