Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, April 9, 2009

2 Months!

Dear Zoe,

Yep, you guessed it....I can't believe it's been 2 months!  I know I start most of my letters to you this way, but I'm truly astonished at how fast the time is flying by.  While I can still remember the day you were born as if it were yesterday, parts of that memory are starting to fade.  That makes me sad.  In hindsight, I wish we would've taken just one more picture or recorded a thing or two that day, but in all of the excitement of that moment, I think we unintentionally missed a few opportunities.  I just never want to forget that magical day and all the details that went with it.  I love you so much!

In the past week, you've been doing more of what you started in weeks prior.  But you made a new friend this week.....the ceiling fan!  LOL.  You LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the ceiling fan, Zoe.  It just happened one morning and you've never looked back.  You stare at the ceiling fan incessantly; we can't break your stare.  Initially you just stared at the ceiling fan.  Now you also smile at it, talk to it and sometimes the ceiling fan even makes you cry.  Mean ceiling fan! :- )  But don't you worry, I've got your back; I get after that mean ceiling fan when it upsets you.

To celebrate your 2 month birthday we did something really un-fun; we got your 2 month immunizations.  Daddy and I did some research on immunizations and decided we didn't want to overload your little body with so many immunizations at once.  Your pediatrician was understanding and compromised on a couple of shots.  We have to take you back for those on your 3 month birthday.  Another not so fun day.  Sorry, pumpkin!  You were such a big girl when you got your shots, Zoe.  You cried upon the initial prick of the needle, but that was it.  When it was all over Mommy cried though.  It just breaks my heart to see tears in your eyes, but it was especially hard this time because I knew they were tears of pain.  Although I know you need the immunizations to keep you healthy later in life, I still felt bad for allowing someone to inflict pain upon you.  After your shots you were pretty sleepy, and you didn't have a strong appetite.  You also spit up more than usual.  You ran a low grade fever, which lasted two days.  On the second night you were so cranky, and you would only sleep if it was on Mommy's chest.  This made for a long night, but I enjoyed snuggling with you.  Although you're still a little cranky, I think you're getting back to your old self.  Despite how crummy you felt, you still managed to give Mommy sweet smiles here and there.  You're such a big girl!

You're growing nicely.  You now weigh 9lb. 14 oz. (25th percentile), you're 22 inches long (37th percentile) and your head is 38.25 cm (38th percentile).

Mommy and Daddy love you so much, baby girl.  You are the light of our lives!

Love always,
Mommy

***No pictures this week~ our camera is still jacked!  But it's in the shop, so pictures will be coming soon***

2 comments:

Jill said...

Happy 2 month birthday, Zoe!

Ava is still obsessed with ceiling fans, at 5 months! She will now roll across the bed to watch it in the mirror (the only motivation she has to roll that much). :)

Jenni said...

I cried too at Preston's first immuizations. It is so hard to watch them in pain. But now those shots have become so routine I'm okay with it and I know it benefits him.

I love how Zoe is staring at the ceiling fan. How cute! And talking to it too. I wonder what they are saying. Preston lately loves talking to Will's toothbrush LOL. He has an electric Sonicare toothbrush and Preston is totally fascinated by it, so Will gives it to him to hold and he will sit there for 30 min and jabber at it. LOL It's hilarious. I should try and get it on video sometime.

Oh and I so agree with you about wishing you had taken more photos and video of the birth. I'm so sad - we don't have video of the birth because Will THOUGHT he was videoing but instead he had it on snapshot mode. I was super sad!! But it is understandable after both of us being awake for 36 hours, a little dilerious and super tired.