Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

7 Weeks

Dear Zoe,

You're 7 weeks old, sweetness. Can you believe it?! Neither can Daddy and I!

This week you've done quite a bit. First, you're starting to grasp things, and boy do you have a tight grip! One day you grabbed a handful of Mommy's hair as I was passing you off to Daddy. It took several attempts to get you to release your grip. I think it's really sweet when you fall asleep on my chest with a tight grip on Mommy's shirt as if to say "don't let me go, Mommy." I just love it.

All the tummy time you hate is paying off because your neck is getting stronger. You've been lifting it higher and higher. When Mommy and Daddy are burping you against our chests, you like to raise up with your forearms to check us out. You're such a big girl!

This week you've been smiling like crazy. I love all of your smiles, but the ones I especially enjoy are the smiles you throw my way when we wake up in the morning. As soon as I look at you and say "good morning", you greet me with the most delicious smiles! You're also starting to make a few small cooing noises. They are the cutest sounds ever. And you've also been following Mommy and Daddy with your eyes a lot more this week. Watching you grow, develop and explore is such a blessing.

This week you started cluster feeding from 6-10pm. Boy is this tiring for Mommy! The first few days I didn't know what was going on, but then I remembered reading something about cluster feeding. You want to nurse every 30-45 minutes. I feel like you're eating me alive, girl! :- ) I'm getting used to it now and have just resolved that my evenings will be consumed with non-stop feedings. The reward for Mommy is that you'll usually sleep until about 4:30am after a long evening of cluster feeding. Ahhh....

Oh, this week Mommy started a bed time routine with you. Before feeding you at 10pm, Mommy reads you a short bed time story. After you eat and while I'm burping you against my chest, I sing to you. You typically fall asleep pretty quickly. Then I swaddle you (you like being swaddled again as long as I keep your left arm out) and place you in your bassinet. Eventually I want to start this routine earlier in the evening, but this is working well with your cluster feeding for now.

Daddy and I love you so much, Zoe! You are so amazing, and you are so loved.

Smooches,
Mommy

***No pictures this week ~ our camera broke ~ boooo!***

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I'm sorry to hear your camera broke!

Awwwee little Zoe is already getting so much bigger (in her ways). I love the smiles!!!! I remember the first time Preston smiled and the first time he laughed. It made me SO HAPPY.

:)