Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

We Saw the Goods!

Monday was my second trimester screening. Everything looked GREAT with Baby D2. The heart had four chambers, the brain looked wonderful and all organs were present and accounted for. The doctor gave us a very high degree of reassurance that there's no concern for Do.wn Syn.dro.me or spi.na bif.ida. (Each of these are of high risk in an over age 35 pregnancy) Praise the Lord for a great report!!!

After the important stuff, we went on to the fun stuff. The goods! Girl or boy?! Well, we are excited to know we're expecting a baby boy! A son! Admittedly, I feel clueless about what to do with a boy after raising a girl for nearly two years, but I know we'll figure it all out. I'm thrilled to have "one of each" and to experience the joys of having a daughter and a son! We feel very fortunate and so very blessed!

5 comments:

Jenni said...

Oh wow!! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting - a boy! I guess I would feel the same way if I were a girl after having 2 boys (though that is what we are hoping for next time). Yay! Well if you ever need any help knowing what to get for boys let me know!

LearningByReading said...

Thanks so much! Me and my wife are definitely in the over 35 crowd and love hearing the positive updates :)

Anonymous said...

Any updates?

chic Gucci shirts said...

nice post!

heygames said...

Slow down, baby boy, you're growing too fast and Mommy's heart can't take it. I just love you so much, Zachary!leather bags
ugg boots
buy ugg boots
cambridge satchel
ugg boots
buy ugg boots
ugg in winter