Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

13 Weeks

Baby D2 is 13 weeks in utero today. Morning sickness continues to be the theme of this pregnancy, although it is dissipating. I'm no longer sick all day long. My morning sickness is now primarily late afternoon through the evening. I'm so anxious for this phase to end! Since this is my last week in my 1st trimester, I'm hoping good things are on the horizon. I've also started dealing with heartburn already and it seems that I have sciatica this time around, which I didn't have with Zoe. This pregnancy is starting out much different than Zoe's! I'm hopeful, though, that this pregnancy will be as great and easy as Zoe's.

This week Baby D2 is forming teeth and vocal cords. The baby has formed its fingerprints and veins are visible through his/her see-through skin. The baby's body is becoming more proportional with the head now making up one-third of the body instead of one-half. If Baby D2 is a girl, she already has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. 2 million eggs?! That stat amazed me when I was pregnant with Zoe, and it still amazes me now. The human body is simply amazing!

This week Baby D2 is the size of a peach:



No comments: